Monday, June 7, 2010

This Gives Me Hope



You can call me a lot of things, but unremarkable isn't one of them.

Jason Fried, in his latest column for Inc. magazine--well, last month's--deplores the quotidian, the ordinary, the average in business writing.

Mostly, he deplores that it's rampant.

Oh, yeah, and way counterproductive.

The post reminded me why I should be more active on this blog, and proactive generally about selling my writing skills.

I'm not a wizard with a financial statement, planning an IPO, or even preparing a SWOT analysis.

My knowledge of HTML is strictly rudimentary. I don't see what's so simple about RSS. And my Office skills can use some polishing.

But I can write good sentences.

Jason's article reminds me how valuable a skill that is.

Thanks, Jason.

Jason Fried, who writes a column each month for Inc. magazine, recently published ReWork with his partner at 37signals.com, Heinemeier Hansson.

I spent most of today memorizing how to spell "Heinemeier Hansson," and clearly it's paid off. I've just used it in two consecutive sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment